Maximum number of pots/ buttons in an arduino uno

Hello people, I trying to build a midi controller using my arduino uno. Being a newcomer in electronics I did some research and I found that I can use multiplexers in order to connect multiple pots to arduino.
I read that I can even chain the control pins of these multiplexers in order to use one analog input per 8 potentiometers.
What I not sure though is how many pots can my uno handle. If I install the maximum number of multiplexers/pots will uno be able to handle the energy consumption.
Sorry if I’m asking a silly question.
Thank you

INSUFFICIENT DATA !

Post a schematic !

If you use the 74HC4067, then you can have 16 analogue inputs per analogue pin, at the cost of four digital pins.
That's 96 pots, using 10 Uno pins (128 pots if you use a Nano).
Google "74HC4067 breakout board".
Leo..

Terumi:
What I not sure though is how many pots can my uno handle. If I install the maximum number of multiplexers/pots will uno be able to handle the energy consumption.

The answer is ... it depends. What is "the maximum number of multiplexers/pots"? What is the resistance of each pot? What other loads is the Arduino responsible for?

If you have a 10K pot, powered from 5V, thats 0.5mA.
Say you allowed 30mA for powering pots (of the 400, 500mA available with USB or 7.5V supply).
Then 30mA/.5mA = 60 pots. Allow 60mA, then 120 pots.
Could be slow reading that many with analogRead(). Write a little code with micros() and see how long it takes. Don't actually need any hardware connected to try the timing.

How can make draw such conclusions with no schematic. Do you know for a fact that the OP knows how to
connect the ICs ? You've seen my CMOS lighting controller circuit with a gazillion ICs and wires and that still
drew almost no current. My first objection would be with the assumption of 10k pots. There's no way he needs something that low. He could easily use 100k pots and it won't make any difference to the ICs. There's not one shred of information
on the OP's circuit. Do you see a schematic orceven a link to one ? How much fo you know sbout the OP's electronics backgroud because
you know as well as I do there's a thousand ways
to do it wrong. Did the OP say anything to suggedt he knows what he is doing because the question
he is posting for suggest orherwise. What he did right is post here so we can help him. Did you ask him if he knows Ohm's Law ? Where's the datasheets ?