MCU Resource Maker

:o Finally got a 1st cut of the website and application for download.

Has screen shots, documentation, code samples and basically enough for people to use it. I'm still fiddling with some aspects of the web site.

http://kiweedsoftware.byethost18.com/

I will eventually make a small series of youtube videos which will run through creation of certain assets from start to finish.

At the moment the web site has no contact info until I figure out the best and most efficient route.

The Installer has been tested for Windows 7 and 10. So if anyone can verify any other platforms (ie. XP SP3, 8, 8.1) that would be great. The code is x86 and hopefully built for maximum compatibility.

I tried File->Create->From True Type font, picked a font, clicked OK, got:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kiweed Software\MCU Resource Maker\w_1.png

MarekB:
I tried File->Create->From True Type font, picked a font, clicked OK, got:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kiweed Software\MCU Resource Maker\w_1.png

OK ... fixed and new setup uploaded. All resources use to be internal. Added a few at the last moment which didn't get copied.

MarekB, I have a few other things to document and fix up... but later in the week I'm going to implement another palette mode which should help anyone wanting to render their own alias fonts using an alpha.

Basically RBG565, ARGB8888 and new one will be Alpha8.

From my experiments, AA fonts created always have 0-15 levels of alpha so they will end up as 4 bit palette mode.

I will also create a bit of demo code with it.

Great, thank you. Not sure when I'll be actually able to use the output of your app (no time at the moment) but nonetheless I think the app has great potential.

MarekB:
Great, thank you. Not sure when I’ll be actually able to use the output of your app (no time at the moment) but nonetheless I think the app has great potential.

It can be quite easy if you have an app and just want to use… 1BPP and have them all in memory.

Starts getting complex when want to allow for streaming off SD card (if speed is a factor).

If streaming, you prob should have at least the header, char lookup and palette in memory.

There’s lots of options, which is why I will create more sample code in the near future as with these small projects a tailor made decoder specifically for the needs of the project is always going to work better.

:o New site at http://kiweed-software.000webhostapp.com due to old on having 10MB individial file limit.

2 videos uploaded today showing the new video creator in action.