MCUFRIEND_kbv Library for Uno 2.4, 2.8, 3.5, 3.6, 3.95 inch mcufriend Shields

All updated, compiled and worked immediately - I shouldn't have worried!

Not much faster than using the shield config though, takes about a second to draw a bitmap over most of the screen (the screen is 400x320, my bitmaps are 400x240 due to the old, shield screens I was using). I guess it might be the speed I'm reading from the SD card, 20 pixels at a time. Might try upping that to see what happens. I'm using the BMP display from the examples, slightly modified to work with Mac BMPs which seem very slightly different to BMPs from, I assume, Windows? Anyway, the ones delivered in the example. Mine seem to use 32 bit pixels, not that an alpha channel has any purpose in a BMP.

Jeremy

Hi David,
do you already have MCUFRIEND_kbv modified version for Arduino Nano 33 Iot?
I haven't found it on GitHub branches.
I've tried to reproduce the code myself after reading the posts, but currently it's not working.

Best regards,
Marco

I only support the NANO33 BLE

//################################## NANO33 BLE ############################
#elif defined(ARDUINO_ARDUINO_NANO33BLE)
#warning regular UNO shield on a Nano33 BLE

//LCD pins  |D7   |D6   |D5   |D4   |D3   |D2   |D1   |D0   | |RD  |WR  |RS   |CS   |RST  |
//BLE pin   |P0.23|P1.14|P1.13|P1.15|P1.12|P1.11|P0.27|P0.21| |P0.4|P0.5|P0.30|P0.29|P0.31|
//NANO pins |7    |6    |5    |4    |3    |2    |9    |8    | |A0  |A1  |A2   |A3   |A4   |

I think that the IOT version has the same pinout. So you can try it with the appropriate pre-defined macro e.g. ARDUINO_ARDUINO_NANO33IOT

Exercise for the reader: check pinout. check macro

David.