Measure voltage

Hi,

I dont have a multmeter and I would like to measure a voltage that is coming from a circuit. It will probably be between 10 and 12v. I have a lipo buzzer/alarm (like this http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-779591386-alarme-buzzer-baixa-tenso-lipo-1s-a-8s-e-medidor-de-tenso-_JM )

I have a + and a - from my circuit, of course the - I will have to connect in the first pin (GND) and the + I connect where? I am afraid connecting it to a pin I can burn this lipo buzzer/alarm but I know for sure this product can measure up to 32v cause it's a 8s alarm.

If you are going to be doing ANYTHING in electronics (or electrical), get yourself a decent multimeter. There are many out there that are quite reasonable that are still decent meters. Without a meter to check things, you are just asking for frustration (and letting the magic smoke out of things). You don't need a fancy $400 meter - there are lots of decent ones available in the $15-40 range - you don't need 0.1% etc. you DO need an easy way to check for various voltages and to see what is working and what isn't.

I am afraid connecting it to a pin I can burn this lipo buzzer/alarm

If you try to use an Arduino there are a couple of things that can go wrong and you could damage your circuit or the Ardiuino.

It's OK under known-controlled conditions (such as the Read Analog Voltage Example) but it's not a good idea for unknown circuits.

A multimeter is generally "safe" as long as you don't short something out with a probe. The multimeter is high impedance so it doesn't damage or affect the circuit-under-test, and the multimeter itself is usually over-voltage protected to 600V or so, so you won't damage the meter..

but I know for sure this product can measure up to 32v cause it's a 8s alarm.

What?

gpsmikey:
there are lots of decent ones available in the $15-40 range

This guy in in Brazil and so thinks that normal rules don't apply to him. He will tell you about the way the government has a 300% import duty and so he can't afford anything. He will tell you that his home was wired up by a "friend" and it generates sparks and flames from a normal power supply. He will tell you how he wants to ignite Hydrogen but can't actually spell Hydrogen, he will tell you he doesn't care if he breaks the law about illegal transmissions.

So my conclusion is that you can't actually tell him anything. I wonder why he continues to post here.

@Grumpy_Mike everything you said is correct, except that Brazil importation tax is 98% not 300%, and I respect brazilian laws despite nobody follows them (except me). If you ever come to brazil I would be glad if you could check my house wiring and make it better. I am pretty sure my house wiring has nothing to do with the power supply that almost killed me, it was a faulty power supply it's fuse should have worked.

Anyway, when you learn to speak a second or third language (as me) you will see that it's very easy to switch some letters, in portugue Hydrogen is Hidrogenio that's why I said Hidrogen. If you cant afford watching non english people say mispelled words,

Moderator edit: Language

Do you not have a spell checker on your machine? I myself am dyslexic so I can't spell but I always try to spell by using a spell checker.

and I respect brazilian laws despite nobody follows them (except me).

That is not what you said when you asked about making a transmitter is it?

@Grumpy_Mike I am not idiot, my Chrome by default has spell checker but it's in my native language which I use much more than english.

Member batata004 is currently enjoying a forum timeout.
Again.

Some people don't learn.