medicine reminder

hello...i'm doing a project of a medical device. My project would be a medicine reminder with a locking system. I already have two different sketches for reminder and for locking system and i want it to merge into one sketch to upload it into my arduino. I have problem in combining these two sketches...how can i combine it and what is the suitable method..tq

This is the link to the code:
Medicine reminder: medicine reminder - Pastebin.com

Locking system: locking system - Pastebin.com

SMAB.ino (4.4 KB)

The_Walking_Dead_Lock_Box.ino (3.92 KB)

Sorry no sketches attached. (merged posts)

Sorry about that. I've edited my post by adding the link to the sketches using pastebin. A big thanks if you can review my sketches. Thank you

A big thanks if you can review my sketches. Thank you

Well, i would if you hadn't put them in the rubbish bin.

Use Reply and the Additional Options link below the reply field to attach your code HERE.

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/CombiningArduinoSketches
has one way to combine sketches. There are others.
Good Luck!

PaulS:
Well, i would if you hadn't put them in the rubbish bin.

Use Reply and the Additional Options link below the reply field to attach your code HERE.

i've edited my post by adding the attachment...

You could take the even numbered lines from one file and the odd numbered lines from the other file and create a third file with those lines in reverse order.

Or, you could define the requirements for the resulting program and pick the code from each that implements those requirements. Only you have any idea what the resulting program is supposed to do.

PaulS:
You could take the even numbered lines from one file and the odd numbered lines from the other file and create a third file with those lines in reverse order.

Or, you could define the requirements for the resulting program and pick the code from each that implements those requirements. Only you have any idea what the resulting program is supposed to do.

I have a bit of a problem on understanding your explaination. Which even and odd numbered lines should i take? I want the program to act as a medicine reminder and at the same time as a locking system. The program should be multifunction. The program will display the time and if a fingerprint is detected it will unlock the case.

I have a bit of a problem on understanding your explaination. Which even and odd numbered lines should i take?

I was pulling your leg. I'm sorry that it came off. You can have it back.

That explanation is only handwaving. Pretend that neither sketch existed. Describe what the sketch you want should actually do.

PaulS:
I was pulling your leg. I'm sorry that it came off. You can have it back.

That explanation is only handwaving. Pretend that neither sketch existed. Describe what the sketch you want should actually do.

I have already done that actually but the display is not like i wanted. I've use if...else and switch...break but it doesnt really work... but thank you for your help though. I will give it another try...

I have already done that actually

This implies that you have made some attempt to combine the sketches. You haven't shown that attempt.

but it doesnt really work

It does something. You haven't explained what.
You want it to do something. You haven't done a good enough job of explaining that.

I will give it another try...

If you need help. feel free to address the above issues.

PaulS:
This implies that you have made some attempt to combine the sketches. You haven't shown that attempt.
It does something. You haven't explained what.
You want it to do something. You haven't done a good enough job of explaining that.
If you need help. feel free to address the above issues.

I use if...else method but it only display the void setup part...

I use if...else method but it only display the void setup part...

Oh, well, then the problem, according to my crystal ball, is on line 2385443532. I suspect that my crystal ball just might be off a line or three million.

PaulS:
Oh, well, then the problem, according to my crystal ball, is on line 2385443532. I suspect that my crystal ball just might be off a line or three million.

What are trying to say here?

What are trying to say here?

That you need to post your code. We can't guess what you did. We can't guess what the code actually does. We can't guess what you expected it to do, or how that differs from what it actually does.

this is several coding that i've done but none works as i wanted...

testing2.ino (11.2 KB)

FPS_Test.ino (6.88 KB)

complete.ino (8.52 KB)

this is several coding that i've done but none works as i wanted...

Which one do you want to focus on?
What does that one ACTUALLY do?
How does that differ from what you want?

We're trying to help, but you are being awfully terse in your answers.

PaulS:
Which one do you want to focus on?
What does that one ACTUALLY do?
How does that differ from what you want?

We're trying to help, but you are being awfully terse in your answers.

Sorry about that...as i uploaded several code that i've tested is because i'm not sure which one is the best i should use. These are the results from several references. I think i want to focus on the coding named complete. I uploaded other code so that i can ask about the other code if it is not working.

I think i want to focus on the coding named complete.

OK. So, what does it actually do when you upload it to the Arduino? How does that differ from what you want it to do?

PaulS:
OK. So, what does it actually do when you upload it to the Arduino? How does that differ from what you want it to do?

It displays only until set medicine reminder time. Which is until line 88. When i try to press the button nothing happen and also when i press my finger at the fingerprint scanner nothing happen too. It doesn't differ from what i want it to do. It just doesn't work either for setting time or the locking system part.