The Mega 2560 R2 with IDE 1.0 has suddenly stopped being able to upload new programs. Many reported errors all having to do with avrdude.
- avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
- avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
- This new behavior is present in all tested IDEs.(022, 023 and 1.0)
- This is new, it used to work perfectly.
- My Uno programs/uploads OK, so I think problem is with Mega itself.
- Passes the loopback test.
- Used the Reset trick, no difference.
- No "!!!" strings.
Do I need to burn a new bootloader? I have a Bus-Pirate to use as an ISP, would need directions.
Thanks for all your help,