Mega 2560 with Ethernet Shield+SD Upload Fail.

I am having problems with uploading a program to with the shield connected. Is there a way to mod the Mega or shield so I can program the Mega with the shield attached?

The shield is the Mega only version that connects to the icsp header as well.

I am thinking I should be able to fit a switch or jumper to one of the connecting lines to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

After playing with it a bit more i have figured out the Ethernet Shield seems to kill the usb all together.

Any ideas where to start looking for a solution to this?

Regards

The same problem!

I have managed to fix the problem. It turns out to be an issue with the reset lines. If the reset pins are disconnected from the ethershield you can program the arduino and i have not had any issues with the ethershield after this mod.

Regards

The other popular fix is to bend pins 0 and 1 out, so that they do not make contact with the Arduino.

[quote author=James C4S link=topic=109830.msg840278#msg840278 date=1340762073] The other popular fix is to bend pins 0 and 1 out, so that they do not make contact with the Arduino. [/quote] Bend pins 0 and 1 out? for Arduino UNO or Mega?

darkman1969: I have managed to fix the problem. It turns out to be an issue with the reset lines. If the reset pins are disconnected from the ethershield you can program the arduino and i have not had any issues with the ethershield after this mod.

Regards

How to disconnect reset pins from the ethernet shield? I face same issue, I can not upload while my Arduino Mega R2 and Arduino LAN Eth Shield attached.

Thank you.

If your using the Ethernet shield with a 2560 Mega you will need to also cut the reset pin on the 6 pin connector.

Regards

darkman1969: If your using the Ethernet shield with a 2560 Mega you will need to also cut the reset pin on the 6 pin connector.

Regards

Which 6 pin connector? ICSP connector? at Mega or at the Eth Shield? How to cut it?

Sorry, forgot some details.

You need to cut the ICSP reset pin as well as pin1. If you look at the pinout for the mega v3 boards you will see which pins to disconnect. I am not sure if this applies to the UNO boards as well.

Regards

What do you mean 'cut'? break the circuit line ? What do you mean with 6pin connector? ICSP?

I'm sorry, I'm really newbie here.

Check your USB cable, some cables not delivered 5 volts and cause the Mega to reset and failed upload with timeout! To check rapidly, see if the LED on in shield ethernet shines little.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,111782.msg855140.html#msg855140