mega + 5" lcd please help

So im looking for alittle help. Im a beginner with arduino and I made a stupid mistake. Listening to those idiots at itead I bought their version of mega the 5" lcd and the itdb02 shield. They told me their mega was compatible with all arduino mega shields. Not true after all. So im trying to figure out how can I connect them together. Any help will be appreciated. Again big noob mistake trying to save money to see if my project would work out. I advise anyone from here on to go with arduino lol

Can anyone help out with this or was i the only idiot that made the mistake of buying a iteaduino?

Start by posting links to the stuff you got.

Why do you think they are not compatible?

What are you trying to do and what problem do you have with doing it?

Mark

Just plug your ITDB02-5.0 5" LCD to the ITDB02 ARDUINO SHIELD like this, and use the UFTF Library

holmes4: Start by posting links to the stuff you got.

Why do you think they are not compatible?

What are you trying to do and what problem do you have with doing it?

Mark

You will see why they are not plug n play on the iteaduino mega vs arduino mega. plus once i discovered it i asked them about it and they tried saying that nobody said it was then i gave them links to where it even says it on their web site and they ignored me after i made them feel stupid about there own creation. Heres the main board: http://imall.iteadstudio.com/development-platform/arduino/arduino-compatible-mainboard/im120410003.html Here is the shield: http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im120417024.html Here is the lcd: http://imall.iteadstudio.com/display/tft-lcm/im120419008.html Currently right now all im trying to do is figure out a way of connecting the display up to the iteaduino mega either with or without the shield. I had bought two breadboards hoping to connect the shield up to them then use wires to connect it up to arduino but that was a epic fail. my next method is i order a bunch of m/F dupond cables hoping that i can connect them up to the shield pins that are used by the display and then connect it to the iteaduino mega. hoping that this will work after i get them. Im still having problems figuring out what pins on the iteaduino mega = arduino mega pins

BillHo: Just plug your ITDB02-5.0 5" LCD to the ITDB02 ARDUINO SHIELD like this, and use the UFTF Library

I wish it was that easy but like i said im a idiot for going cheap.

Well since no 1 can help hopefully tomorrow my wires will get here and i can figure something out.

Ok so I figured this one out on my own. It was a bit of a annoyance but the geniuses at itead moved a bunch of the connections around. After going through their pin layout and comparing it to the mega, a few male to female wires and I got the screen up and running. It was a pain to get the wires to stick in on the bottom since there was no connections for pins. Ill post up a pic and explain it a little better just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

I have the same problem. On the manufacturer's website ITDB02-5,0 no normal information on this module. Even the names of the contacts in the picture from the site does not meet the inscriptions on my unit. In the description on the website says that the module is powered by 3.3 or 5 volts. From this description, I never realized you can ITDB02-5,0 connect directly to the Mega? Or need a Shield to 3.3 volts? Shadow09 - if you have this module works with Mega, can you describe the connection used? Please!

Sorry for my English - I use Google translator.