Mega FUNDUINO not uploading, RX/TX leds not even blinking???

I've tried my program, a bare minimum sketch and still nothing. Sometimes I get a:

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM20": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Other times I get a:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

I have an UNO and it works fine, I've used a jumper wire from D0 to D1 and opened Serial Monitor but I'm not receiving data. Not sure what to do at this point, any help on this? I'm resisting the urge to snap this thing in half, for now.

Recheck that the com port that is assigned to the board in the Device Manager is the one selected in the IDE.

I have, I've tried updating the driver, still nothing. What does it mean when if the board fails the loopback test?

AllenI: I have, I've tried updating the driver, still nothing. What does it mean when if the board fails the loopback test?

If a board fails the loop back test it indicates that there is a problem with the communication between the board and your computer. There are a few possible causes for this:

1. Your setting or drivers on the computer are incorrect.

2. The usb-serial chip on the board is damaged.

Ok well I've tried on another PC and Im still getting the same problems... well.. guess I'll wait few more hrs before I take my frustration out on this board.

AllenI: Ok well I've tried on another PC and Im still getting the same problems... well.. guess I'll wait few more hrs before I take my frustration out on this board.

Although it isn't my call, a failed USB-Serial chip doesn't mean the board is doomed. You can still try uploading to it by using an standalone USB-Serial converter such as the FTDI breakout board from sparkfun. You also mentioned that you had a Uno, you could also use that as a USB-Serial adapter by following the following guide.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Uploading-sketch-to-Arduino-Pro-Mini-using-Arduino/{/url]

Thanks for the link. I do have a FTDI Basic from Sparkfun I never used. Gotta find it and see if that'll get me by.

So I've been trying, with no luck. I've been uploading the Blink Sketch to see what works what doesnt: Using FTDI Basic from Sparkfun

USB to UNO= works USB to MEGA= does not work FTDI to PRO MINI= works FTDI to UNO= does not work FTDI to MEGA= does not work UNO to PRO MINI= does not work

The UNO is legit. MEGA and PRO MINI are clones.

Im lost at this point, I thought the FTDI would atleast work with the UNO, Im stepping away from this for now.

ERROR:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x43

How did you go about connecting the FTDI to the Uno? If I remember correctly you will need to make at least four connections Rx, TX, Reset (DTR) and Ground.

Can you retry the upload to the Uno, via the FTDI, when doing that make note of if the board is resetting at the correct time or not. If it does not try adding a .1uf capacitor inline with the reset signal.