MEGA won't respond with avrdude alone

I am trying to program an ATMEGA324p with an Arduino Mega with the ArduinoISP sketch. I have tried numerous times to use avrdude program the chip (without using the Arduino IDE, that is), and yet I always get the same error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done. Thank you.

I originally asked this question on the Raspberry Pi forum (link) to no success.

Why is it that I can burn programs to the Mega just fine with Arduino, but I cannot use the Mega to burn programs to the ATMEGA324p?

For reference, I am using a Raspberry Pi b+ with Debian "Wheezy", as well as an up-to-date version of Arduino and avrdude.

What's the avrdude command you are using?

Quote myself from the RPi forum:

sudo avrdude -c arduino -p m324p -P /dev/ttyACM0

When I run this, it pauses, the Mega resets, and the same error occurs.

Honestly, what is wrong here? I tried -c arduinoisp, and avrdude said that the ID didn't exist. Clearly the Arduino is receiving something, since the RX LED blinks, and the module resets.

legonick22:
Quote myself from the RPi forum:

sudo avrdude -c arduino -p m324p -P /dev/ttyACM0

When I run this, it pauses, the Mega resets, and the same error occurs.

Honestly, what is wrong here? I tried -c arduinoisp, and avrdude said that the ID didn't exist. Clearly the Arduino is receiving something, since the RX LED blinks, and the module resets.

That's not the correct command. Try this:

sudo avrdude -p m324p -P COM2 -c avrisp -b 19200 -U flash:w:Blink.hex

Change COM2 for your com where MEGA is connected, and change Blink.hex for your program's name.

Tried that, except used /dev/ttyACM0. Still gave 'programmer is not responding'.

Did you already tried to upload the program via arduino IDE adjusting the parameters :
Tools-> Programmer-> Arduino as ISP
And finally to upload the new program:
File-> Upload using external programmer

Also make sure that you had upload the example ArduinoISP from Examples

Turns out, I left out a 10uF capacitor tied to RESET and gnd. Apparently, that's important for the Mega, not just the Uno.

legonick22:
Turns out, I left out a 10uF capacitor tied to RESET and gnd. Apparently, that's important for the Mega, not just the Uno.

That´s interesting.

I´m getting an error while trying to upload a sketch to my Uno:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0002
0x61 != 0x5d
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

--

What do you recommend me?

Many thanks in advance.

PS: I´m thinking that sometimes went wrong with the ATmega328 (probably fried =/ ) but I want to clear up every possibility before jumping to getting and burning the bootloader in a new microcontroller.

TBH, I really don't have any idea how to fix that. Usually, I get that error with new boards.txt files, and I edit the fuses manually.