Mega2560 and Fedora 13

I have installed the IDE and compiled on my Fedora 13 PC. Haven't found any specific documentation on uploading the application to the 2560. What are the options, which work best?

Thanks for the help, Curt

A little follow up:

I had to add the following link to get the IDE to open the serial port: ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyUSB0

I used the following stty setting (from another post): stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 cs8 115200 ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel -opost -onlcr -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke noflsh -ixon -crtscts

It would communicate with the board but the data was always garbled. Different speeds didn't seem to make much difference.

Curt

To get the Arduino IDE working on Fedora 13 I had to download the latest version (21). Version 19 is supplied with Fedora and it does not support the Mega 2560. The latest IDE had a 'Mega2560' selection in the card type drop down and it recognised /dev/ttyACM0 as a serial device.

When I uninstalled version 19 my sketchbook directory was left in place and was picked up by the new IDE.

There is still a problem with the closing of the serial device after installing your application. This only showed up when I clicked on the 'Serial Monitor' button.

Curt