Mega2560 with W5100 EThernet only ping to PC not network switch

Hello,
I am new arduino , I purchased a Arduino Mega 2560 and W5100 Ethernet Module. I set IP address,Subnet Mask , Gateway and DNS according to my home network...But when I connect to arduino to network switch i do not get ping from my PC,while I directly connect my Arduino to PC ,I got ping....Please Someone help me resolve this issue...

Does your switch get a link to the Arduino? Arduino Ethernet Shields don't support Auto MDI-X, so either your switch has to support it or you have to choose the correct cable. I'm pretty sure your Laptop supports AMDI-X, so you always get a link there.

Thank you so much for responding to my query...I tested it with a ADSL Tplink router it pings... But If I connect through my Cisco Network switch, I don not get ping...Then I connect first MY w5100 Ethernet Shield to TPLink and THEN TPLink switch is connected to cisco.... Then It work on my Local LAN...

My TPLink ADSL Model is TD-W8951ND and Cisco switch Model No is SF95D-08...

Now as per your guideline I am going to check it the differences in both switch...
I am afraid whether I will got or not this type of network switch in future..
Thanks again..

Also I tried the cross cable with cisco switch but not work...

This might have nothing to do with the problem you're having, but the last time I used a W5100 shield with a Mega the ICSP connector of the shield was slightly too short to properly connect to the ICSP pins of the Mega. That resulted in all sorts of intermittend problems.
Leo..

I have already read your post...But that is not in my case....I think it is a some bandwidth issue...

A network switch normally has some LEDs, indicating if there is traffic on the link or not (you can see these LEDs >> here << )

Do these LEDs always show up when you connect your ethernet board?
If yes, it means that the link is established and the hardware is working. If not, you might have an interoperability problem. In fact, it seems very unlikely to me, but it is not impossible.

Just something to try - I found that fixed network settings didn’t work for me with the Ethernet board. As soon as I selected DHCP, everything was perfect. I never bothered to go back and find out why the fixed setting didn’t work, but I did confirm it.

Do you have an Arduino Ethernet Shield or some cheap Chinese W5100 module? The later were reported to include some models that have wrong resistor onboard so that a standard compliant switch will not activate the port for the module. Post a link to your module!

It is Arduino Mega Compatible made by REES52 and purchased through AMazon. All light work on both network switch.. but I can ping if i connect it to TP link switch and do net get any ping If I connect it Cisco Switch. I also try cross cable and DHCP settings but result is same.

I also found a post for connecting register to shield as per Attached image… but worried about to damage it…

I also found a post for connecting register to shield as per Attached image.. but worried about to damage it...

If you get a link light on the Cisco switch that modification shouldn't be necessary. But if you only get the link light on on the TPlink switch but not on the Cisco switch it might be worth a try if you have the same kind of shield.

I get the Link Light on both Cisco and TPlink network switch... Pinging is only through Tplink only....

Sorry, I'm out of ideas now. The Cisco switch you're using seems to be a very simple model (which is not in sale here in Europe) which usually is good because advanced features often tend to provide problems.

Did you try to use a different MAC address on the shield?

Diffeernt MAC Adress not work for me..

I also notice some old network switch works fine with Arduinn2560+W5100 shield but not get ping modern network switch....Do anyone have any idea about it.

Finally problem is sort out by connecting 100 Ohm resistance... Thank you all for your support and guidance..