Melexis contactless infrared sensorMLX90614 giving data higher than 1000 celcius

Good day! I am having troubles with my Melexis Contactless Infrared Sensor. Can you please help me in making my sensor work accordingly?

I am using Arduino UNO.

This is my code for the sensor:

#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_MLX90614.h>

Adafruit_MLX90614 mlx = Adafruit_MLX90614();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Adafruit MLX90614 test");  

mlx.begin();  
}

void loop() {
  Serial.print("Ambient = "); Serial.print(mlx.readAmbientTempC()); 
  Serial.print("*C\tObject = "); Serial.print(mlx.readObjectTempC()); Serial.println("*C");
  Serial.print("Ambient = "); Serial.print(mlx.readAmbientTempF()); 
  Serial.print("*F\tObject = "); Serial.print(mlx.readObjectTempF()); Serial.println("*F");

Serial.println();
  delay(500);
}

and this is my schematic diagram: (I am sorry, I can’t post the picture. It doesn’t work, maybe due to our slow wifi connection)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcreate.arduino.cc%2Fprojecthub%2FSurtrTech%2Fcontactless-temperature-sensor-mlx90614-1e7bc7&psig=AOvVaw13JeYyCWFA8bAUpy6KDtd8&ust=1615886588692000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJCX5LiKsu8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

The data output shown in the serial monitor is 1000+ Celsius/ Fahrenheit. I tried watching tutorials and most of them said that this problem occurs due to wrong connection of wires. I checked it multiple times yet it still doesn’t work. Then, I saw another tutorial where he soldered the sensor so I decided to try it. It may be the reason why my sensor is not working properly. Yet, after trying it, it still did not work.

I am new to using the Arduino UNO and this is a school project. Please help me. Advance thank you for those who will reply. Have a nice day and stay safe always!

When you ran the I2C scanner did it report the device address?

Triple check your wiring, or redo it completely.

You can check wiring continuity with your multimeter, and that voltages are as expected. Then run the I2C address scanner to test communications.

Check that there are pullup resistors for the I2C connections. Finally, you may need to add a 100 nF "decoupling" capacitor across the MLX90614 power and ground leads, right on the breadboard.

Good day! I didn't saw any device address. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your advices! I really appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.