Members being unhelpful and curt.

So a few weeks ago i put up some code and asked for help with buttons ect.

The replies I got were very curt with replies like I am not going to spoonfeed you,you need to do some work yourself !

So I went away deciding I can no longer borrow other peoples code and try to make things work by taking code from A and putting it onto code B ect.

I think this happens many times with questions on here,members who are too lazy to learn what the code they have is doing and just saying "Hay fix this for me".

I have now learnt the basics of statements like if else read write ect and the structure of an Arduino programe.

Its not members being curt,its members saying go learn basic code then come back and ask questions.

What I am trying to say is THANK YOU for showing me the light,or is that digitalWrite(ledPin1, HIGH);

Its not members being curt,its members saying go learn basic code then come back and ask questions.

Yes indeed. Some take offence and are never seen again, some put in the effort and learn.

What I am trying to say is THANK YOU for showing me the light

++Karma; for that :slight_smile:

or is that digitalWrite(ledPin1, HIGH);

:slight_smile:

amilo:

You're right there!

Zeb

amilo:
The replies I got were very curt with replies like I am not going to spoonfeed you,you need to do some work yourself !

If you receive a reply that you do not like there are two options open to you

• respond and make it clear that you do not like what was said
  • report the matter to the Moderators

My strong preference is for using the first option to start with and only report to the Moderator if you feel that your complaint has been ignored by the offending person. Also a direct reply gives the person a chance to explain - the comment may not have been intended to be curt, or it may be that the person had misinterpreted your text.

It is also a good idea to keep in mind that different people have different styles and what seems curt to you might seem perfectly reasonable to others. That, again, is a reason why it is important to deal with each issue specifically rather than making a general statement such as "the replies I got ..." which provides no information about the actual problem.

...R