MEMS mic into Arduino, how and where is the catch?

Hi All, I've purchased this https://www.adafruit.com/products/2716 mic breakout from Adafruit the other day and it works great, I get somewhat weak signal, let's say if you talk directly into mic the amplitude on analogRead values only about 50-ish, but it is okay for my learning curve so I'm happy. In their description they mentioned that this mic is pretty much can be connected directly to analog pin and they only added 3v regulator to it.

So, in my attempt to understand how this whole thing work I have ordered the same particular microphone , here its datasheet: http://www.knowles.com/index.php/eng/content/download/5642/89383/version/7/file/SPW2430HR5H-B.pdf

And I am going to connect it to Arduino myself from scratch, it is going to be Pro Mini 3.3v version or arduino with voltage regulator infront of arduino so I do not really need to add voltage regulator to the microphone itself, right? I am curious: can I indeed just directly connect this mic to digital input pin and read its values? Is all I need is to just need to send 3.3v from arduino to mic's Vdd pin and read voltage off Vout pin? No need to install any resistors to limit current or anything like that? I understand that there are two capacitors involved as shown in datasheet, but why I was concerned about current is because in "electric specs" table it says that mic's input current is about 100uA, so I am concerned if I am going to burn it by sending 3.3v to it from arduino without any other current limiting device?

Where is the catch? Or no catch?

Nothing to worry about with the current into the microphone the data sheet says it can stand 5V as a stress rating so connecting 3V3 to it is not going to burn it out.

Electrical noise is another matter though, you might want to filter the supply with capacitor's very close to the microphone or even an inductor / resistor and capacitor. The Ada fruit site says you get a 0.6V DC bias output and a 1V peak to peak maximum so it can be read directly into the analogue input of the Arduino. I would use the internal 1V1 voltage reference to give you bigger numbers when reading this microphone.

Great, thanks for great info, can't wait to get home and start experimenting.

How did you end up making the connections? I have a similar situation using this Knowles KAS-700-0149

The working voltage for my mic is 2.75V, I have my Uno running off of 5V with a separate 2.75supply driving the mic and reference voltage on the board.