menus are blank in 0017 IDE

Just unzipped and ran Arduino 0017 IDE for the first time and all menus and left click menus are blank. What did I do wrong?

You didn't tell us what operating system you did this on.

Sorry, I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 Java v6 update 14 Runtime build 1.6.0_14-b08 on a 3GHz P4 w/2GB RAM

Thanks, pb

More details if anyone can help... When running the exact same unzipped image (from a network drive) on a Win2k-512MB-Java6-bld1.6.0_01-b06 box the menus work fine. When running on the WinXP-2GB-Java6-bld1.6.0_14-b08 box with the problem, if I move the mouse down into the blank menu and select a blank item, the corresponding function works, for example clicking where file-new would normally appear opens a new file window.

So I updated the XP box to the latest Java 6 build 17 and still no improvement.

Any ideas?

Thanks, pb

Hi,

I have the same problem on my XPSP3 notebook. The workaround for me was to switch the color depth of the Windows Display settings from 32 bit to 16 bit.

MikeT

Thanks, that fixed it MikeT. Even without closing the IDE, I change to 16 bit color depth and I can see menus, changing back to 32 bit they are blank. Using a dual display with one at 16bit and one at 32bit: IDE on the 16 side works and when dragged to the 32 side menus are blank.

I can live with that for a free tool. :wink:

Thanks,
pb