MFRC522 Library Cheap RC522 rfid Reader Door Unlock Project

avrdude: stk500vr ReceiveMessage() : timeout

I think your mega has a problem. Can you flash another sketch ? like Blink Example?

yes i can. i even flashed the dump test to make sure everything was ok with the rfid reader and that uploaded fine and worked with out a issue. which is why i cant understand its not working with this sketch.

so i got it working now im wondering if you can help with with this next part. im using a second relay to control a deadbolt lock and a relay to control lights. what i want to do is have it that if i unlock the door the door latch opens like you have it set but turn on other relays and leave them on. then when i would wave the card or a input on a pin such as a button push, it would turn the relays off and leave them off and turn on the deadbolt relay for 300ms then back to normal state. then after that it would be back to locked mode. any idea on how to write it in? i already started writing the close code for led control.

Hi

first of all, thanks for the code, it work fine, except one little things : when i plug the arduino (or reset) and scan the master card/tag, it work fine, but after that, if i scan some other good or wrong cards, and retry to read the master card, it never going again to program mode : i have to reset again to access to program mode. If someone has an idea...

except that it work fine ^^

i have replaced all the led code by a buzzer who playing some melody if the card is good, wrong, or when i enter/ going out the programming mode. I want to hide the arduino behind a wall, so all the led part will not really useful for that.

Hey! Thank you for this project! It helped me a lot to develop my own RFID Door Unlocker. I've started to port your code to use an external database instead of EEPROM.

yoonie: Hi

first of all, thanks for the code, it work fine, except one little things : when i plug the arduino (or reset) and scan the master card/tag, it work fine, but after that, if i scan some other good or wrong cards, and retry to read the master card, it never going again to program mode : i have to reset again to access to program mode. If someone has an idea...

except that it work fine ^^

i have replaced all the led code by a buzzer who playing some melody if the card is good, wrong, or when i enter/ going out the programming mode. I want to hide the arduino behind a wall, so all the led part will not really useful for that.

It can be RAM problem with 7 byte tags. Use latest version it may solve your problem.

leandrogs: Hey! Thank you for this project! It helped me a lot to develop my own RFID Door Unlocker. I've started to port your code to use an external database instead of EEPROM.

Your project really nice. I will try it when my readers arrive.

One suggestion for deleting cards would be to make what's called a shadow card.

1. present programming card
  2. present new blank user card
  3. present blank shadow card - write to one of the sectors the UID of the new blank user card
  4. write the users name on the shadow card and keep safely

To delete the user card 1. present the programming card 2. test if it's a new card or a shadow card being presented 3. delete user card using the UID held on the shadow card

Has anyone here successfully password protected the reading of a mifare classic 1k card? I have my systsystem currently working but would like to add some extra security measures.

You can use authentication to access data on PICC which works like a password. You need to change default key of a PICC then anyone who wants to read or write the PICC must provide that key. Keep in mind that classic PICCs have been hacked, don't rely on these PICCs if you need secure solution. See library documentation for more information.

I having the same problem as metallica21156 using Arduino mega2560. During upload around 80% it shown this error" avrdude: stk500vr ReceiveMessage() : timeout " . Anyone have the solution?

How can I access the Tag UID because I want to control a servo motor through UID?

AhmarKhan: How can I access the Tag UID because I want to control a servo motor through UID?

You can use serial monitor it shows Tag's UID

Please,send the schematic model or connect pins...,Thanks

private1492: Please,send the schematic model or connect pins...,Thanks

http://instructables.com/id/Arduino-RC522-RFID-Door-Unlock/

What would be involved in using this project but with an ID-20 reader?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11828

I got the idea from another project and most of the code from there. And it uses ID-20 Check it out.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-RFID-Door-Lock/

Can you write the program for searching a specific tag andif that tags' id is=something,on the led.i am using a rc522

THANK YOU

omersiar: I got the idea from another project and most of the code from there. And it uses ID-20 Check it out.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-RFID-Door-Lock/

I'm just looking at your code now, whats the easiest way to change the rfid serial port as i'm using a seeeduino and cant use ports 0-7.

:)