"Micro banana plug" for holes in SMD adapters

Hi,
I quite often solder SMD ICs on adapters like this one. I can also solder header pins into the DIP holes. But sometimes for final design I would like to solder wires or legs of something into the holes directly. On the other hand before it is finished I would like to connect to the SMD part with something less permanent - for example to program MCU before I solder it. Is there something like banana plug small enough to fit to the hole? Properly bend wires work a bit but it is so unreliable - I wonder if there is something more clever available. Or is it just a silly idea?
Thanks

Hi,
Leave the header pins on and make a header socket to plug them into.. just a thought.
Or use dupont female with flying leads.

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Check this out:

I have some and the problem I've found is it's easy to catch the hook part of the connector on the PCB when you are removing it from the hole and bend it out. Other than that it works well.

pert:
Check this out:
ViaConnect Circuit Board Test Tool | Hackaday.io

I have some and the problem I've found is it's easy to catch the hook part of the connector on the PCB when you are removing it from the hole and bend it out. Other than that it works well.

Nice... Tom.. :slight_smile:

pert:
Check this out:
ViaConnect Circuit Board Test Tool | Hackaday.io

Yes, this is exactly what I want. But I would prefer buying some on eBay instead of making them myself. Maybe slightly bend test hooks would work as well. But I did not want to have bend and unbend hooks, it would be mess.

I am note sure why header pins would not fit your requirement, but to each her/his own.
Maybe 90° or 45°.