Micro-job for hire - Web contolled relay with login and timout

I have a working sketch (Arduino UNO R3 with Ethernet shield wiznet5100) which activates a relay when a digital input is detected. The relay stays active until a countdown timer expires or a reset is sensed on a second digital input. I want to be able to activate or reset this relay from the internet or android phone. Can someone come up with a webserver application (with login/pw required) to access these digital inputs? Thanks!!! --Arniep

Can someone come up with a webserver application (with login/pw required) to access these digital inputs?

One way to do this would be to have a web server with authentication running on a PC. The page that is actually accessed after authentication would make GET requests to the Arduino. Having the Arduino handle login and authentication is asking a bit much.

I'm currently busy with an Android app to control my Arduino webserver. Maybe I can help you.
At this point I can control a LED using my app, but the app is still premature :slight_smile:

Are you interested in controlling the relay from both a PC and an Android phone or are they alternative options?
I'm wondering if you were interested to an Android app to control your Arduino board via Internet.
Second question: are the Android and the Arduino on the same IP network?
In case not, have you already got all configured at router/NAT/PAT level to make the Arduino visible from the Android phone being on a diferent network?

Cheers
Andrea

I do have the NAT/port issue resolved so that is not a problem. I also have a sketch to controls the relay with an automatic timeout. Now I just need it to be modified so I can access it over the internet. I don't necessarily need an android app since I can use the web browser in my android phone instead. I have also successfully gotten the Blink Led example that is distributed with the TinyWebServer libary working well. Now I just need a way to combine the two and add some type of authentication. Any ideas? I can post my timer/relay control sketch if that will help.
Thanks...arniep