micro no communication with android

i have a micro v3 hooking up to nexus 7 2012 tablet to send resistive steering wheel control data to the tablet as a software keyboard . I can communicate the data to my windows computer with a test sketch. my android tablet sees as hardware keyboard and will not communicate with the micro. its hooked up through the usb connector here is the sketch

#include <Button.h>

const unsigned int DPin = 13;
const unsigned int APin = A0;

Button button = Button(DPin, HIGH);
unsigned int value = 0;
boolean holding = false;

void setup()
{
Serial1.begin(9600);
button.setDebounceDelay(10);
button.setHoldDelay(800);
}

void loop()
{
button.listen();

if (button.onPress()) {
value = analogRead(APin);
Serial1.print("<click:");
Serial1.print(value);
Serial1.print(">");
}

if(!holding && button.isHold()) {
Serial1.print("<hold:");
Serial1.print(value);
Serial1.print(">");
holding = true;
}

if(holding && button.onRelease()) {
Serial1.print("<release:");
Serial1.print(value);
Serial1.print(">");
holding = false;

this library GitHub - carlynorama/Arduino-Library-Button: This is a library for adding buttons to Arduino projects. It supports events like OnPress and OnRelease.
}
}
here is the app and thread i am trying to use Remote steering wheel control ( v1.2.1 ) based on Arduino + (BT)? | XDA Forums

i know the micro sees the button presses as i test with the serial monitor on windows. but in android it sees the arduino but will not communicate anything to the tablet. i try android serial monitor app it connects but it doesent see any activity.. i tried using serial1 and just serial in the sketch but nothing.. i am a noob to arduino in dont understand much yet any help is appreciated. the guy i talked to about it has a mini with usb to serial adapter and it works great for him. but to my understanding i dont need this for the micro..thank you