Micro USB does not unplug from NodeMCU ESP8266

I plugged my micro USB into NodeMCU, but it does not unplug at all! It's like it's stuck to the plug ...

Sounds like a poor quality socket. You may have to exert a little extra force to remove it.

OR

You used a USB C in a USB MICRO socket (bad)

OR

You inserted a micro plug upside down (still bad)

ballscrewbob: You may have to exert a little extra force to remove it.

Make sure that you clamp the socket and board between thumb and pointer finger; you wouldn't be the first one that ripped the socket of a board.

ballscrewbob: You inserted a micro plug upside down (still bad)

I did try that but did not manage. Maybe I must give it to one of my colleagues who managed to get flat-cables with a notch the wrong way around in a box header and next complained that it did not work :(

I managed the upside down micro on one of the wife's old phones. She had a bad habit of walking away with the phone with it still plugged in and the socket was as loose as a tarts knicker elastic. :grinning:

ballscrewbob: Sounds like a poor quality socket. You may have to exert a little extra force to remove it.

OR

You used a USB C in a USB MICRO socket (bad)

OR

You inserted a micro plug upside down (still bad)

I've tried to use all my strength to pull, but it won't come out.

You either live with the cable permanently connected or use destructive measures.

New cables can be bought so if this cable is (was) also used for your cellphone, buy another one.

Really? I will need to buy another board and USB cable? I hate my self...

You still can use the board for testing, I assume; unless you put the cable in the wrong way around or put the wrong cable in.

If you're careful with the destructive measures, you probably can save the board or the cable (depending on your priority).

Why hate yourself over a $2 cable stuck in a $2 board?

I mean, if the board works in it's current state, then keep it, if it doesn't (did you determine that you had managed to plug it in upside down? If not sure, look at those tiny rectangular holes in the connector on the board. There are little clippy things on the cable that engage with those. If it's in upside down, you will instead see the smooth side of the connector through those holes. In which case, the $4 is a good price to pay for a lesson you won't forget about not forcing usb cables in, and that you should be glad it happed with a $2 board instead of your phone).

And this is also a good lesson on why you should always have spares of hobby electtronics parts, as well as common cables.

The cable is connected correctly, and I can even write data to it without any problems, the problem is that I live in Brazil, and a new cable and board costs triple here. Spare parts are rare to find in the place where I live.

Here's a picture: https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/project-fa561.appspot.com/o/20200507_193642.jpg?alt=media&token=2e4fcbf5-9968-4e3e-a9b8-6b0d20763b55

can you get something to push those two little tabs down whilst trying to remove it ?

OPS pic below

My version

Surrry fer bud spilling hi wuz hin a russh :smiley:

ballscrewbob: can you get something to push those two little tabs down whilst trying to remove it ?

OPS pic below

My version |500x281

Surrry fer bud spilling hi wuz hin a russh :D

I tried, and I was unsuccessful. I've used a knife point, pliers and nothing works ...

Looks like you have a choice between the cable or the board ! I would break down the cable end carefully if I were in need of the board.

ballscrewbob: Looks like you have a choice between the cable or the board !

Third option ( ;) ) Keep it as is for prototyping.

felipe_pereira: a new cable and board costs triple here. Spare parts are rare to find in the place where I live.

Any cellphone shop should have the cable. I live in South Africa and life here is also not cheap; last time I bought a (crappy) cable in a shop, I paid around US$10.

Ok, i give up! I will keep it for prototyping.