Microcontroller and radio interface in one

Hi everyone!

Looking for a cheaper bluetooth alternative for arduino, I found this:

bluecontroller .com

It is very affordable (30?)

I would like to know if it could be programmed with arduino. It is sold with this bootloader: sourceforge .net/projects/kavr/files/

Would it be as easy as using arduino’s bootloader? Or may be some other changes to do?

I saw the bluecontroller uses these pins connected to the btm-222 module:

atmega pin - BTM222 pin

RXD - TX
TXD - RX
INT1 - RTS
PB4 - CTS
PD7 - BT RESET

In the arduino pin mapping (arduino .cc/en/Hacking/PinMapping168) the pin PB7 is connected to crystal. Would this suppose any trouble?

Thanks!

Looking for a cheaper bluetooth alternative for arduino

Start with why you want to use bluetooth.

Then, search this forum for stories posted by people using bluetooth and Arduino successfully. The results page will be abysmally short.

I'm experimenting with cell phones to comunicate with arduino for robotics. The cell phone would be the robot's brain. There are some people at www.cellbots.com doing this via usb. As my android phone doesn't have usb access to directly plug the arduino, I want to communicate via bluetooth. I've tested some experiments other people did with wifi too (http://therandomlab.blogspot.com/2010/10/android-met-with-arduino.html), with a computer sending the wifi data to the arduino. I know there is a wifi shield, but it is too expensive to make many interacting robots.

I'll have another look at the forum though.