Microcontroller Workshop for Visually Impaired

Hello everyone,

Looking for some opinions.
I'm hoping to put together a workshop for visually impaired folks using microcontrollers to control audio software.
I've been looking at taking something like a Teensyduino capable of MIDI output and using that to control command line audio software (like Chuck or Supercollider, or even an accessible digital audio workstation like the latest version of pro-tools), but I am concerned by the breadboarding side of things.

As it is an intro workshop, and breadboarding is fairly inaccessible (think resisitor colour codes etc) I'm wondering is there a platform similar to the MakeyMakey that is capable of reading continuous analog input?
If there is a platform that we can simply extend alligator clips from to connect various sensors and then scale values in the code that would be ideal.

While it would be possible for me to prepare a female-header-pin row with resistors in line going into alligator clips, I would much rather introduce a platform that they could then go purchase and not require any assistance in setting it up.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

With "Processing" and "firmata" you can control the Arduino from the computer. The program you write runs on the computer and the Arduino is like an extension to the computer.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Interfacing/Processing

The CapSense library is similar to MakeyMakey.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/CapacitiveSensor

I have my doubts about resistors in line and alligator clips. With a 9V battery around, a mistake is easily made and the Arduino gets broken.
A complete shield with sensors would be easier. Or perhaps something like the tinkerkit, sensors can be plugged in.

Thank you for your suggestions, definitely the tinkerkit is more along the lines of what were thinking of using, really great idea.

One item here might be interesting to them.. it's for visually impaired people (Or kids learning about EchoLocation):