MicroLED clock display

I have a project involving MicroLED's. Im making a clock display with RGB 4-pin common anode micro LED's. Im new to Arduino, and have very little experience with programming and really have no idea what i need to control the LEDs. What will i need to make this work? Please help?

The LED's arent actually called MicroLED, they are called PICOLED, made by ROHM, and here is a link to the exact RGB LED type i will be using http://www.rohm.com/products/opto_device/led/chipled/smlp34rgb1w/

Also, i asked what i would need for it to work, what i need to control the LEDs, that would indicate the fact that i dont know what arduino board to use

That is one tiny LED.

Im making a clock display

What sort of display? Analog face? Binary counter? Dot matrix? POV?

I know, its size is the reason i chose it, this display is going to be see through, dont ask how but im ssure it will work, and the display (hours minutes seconds) i have designed to look like a digital alarm clock (the 7 part digit) display but because the display is not LCD it will most probably be structured in dot matrix, each part in the digit will contain 28 LED,s connected in parallel, this cluster then be connected to whatever will control the display…

Fatherofinvention: digital alarm clock (the 7 part digit) display ... each part in the digit will contain 28 LED,s

4 digits * 7 segments per digit * 28 modules per segment * 4 LEDs per module = 3136 LEDs. That's a lot of LEDs. Are you planning to control each individual LED?

No no, the LEDs in one segment of a digit are all connected in parallel, anode to anode, cathode to cathode. So rather than controlling each and every LED, the circuits controlling them classes each single segment as 1 LED rather than 28 LEDs

This is very common advice... http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,39303.msg288694.html#msg288694

Are you planning to have one current limiting resistor per LED?

How much current are you hoping to run through each segment (or LED)?

Fatherofinvention: The LED's arent actually called MicroLED, they are called PICOLED, made by ROHM, and here is a link to the exact RGB LED type i will be using http://www.rohm.com/products/opto_device/led/chipled/smlp34rgb1w/

Damn! That's cute! Never seen an RGB that small...

In answer to your question, the info on how much current that is needed for each LED is specified in the description on the URL i provided, and im not sure what u mean by currently limiting resistor per LED…?

Gotta love the product description, "beyond common sense" bahaha... Actually that could apply to a lot of my projects :D

ROHM's PICOLED™ - Using its second-to-none merits from ultra-small & ultra-thin configuration, ultra-fine LED matrices beyond common sense can be made, boosting the level of expression ultimately. Also, this device is indispensable for future design-in for whatever application requiring downsizing.

Sorry guys, had to abandon this project, price is too high, i found out that each LED is approx $1 each However i may reignite an older project, a 2.7 meter long, 0.24 meter wide steel RC steam powered ship model