MicroSD card reader works for UNO but not for DUE

I have a Adafruit Micro-SD card breakout board (as described here: Introduction | Micro SD Card Breakout Board Tutorial | Adafruit Learning System). When I wired it up to an Uno, it was able to read the attached microSD card perfectly fine. But when I attached the wires to a DUE (literally just lifting the pin-wires out of the UNO into the respective slots on the DUE), it no longer works.

Does anyone know why it would work for one board and not the other? I am making sure to switch the “Board” in the Arduino program to the DUE, and I know for sure the DUE works properly.

Just to be clear, the script I am running is the built-in CardInfo code with the chipSelect pin switched to 10, as described in the section above. When I run it on the UNO it gives me the correct info, but when I run it on the DUE I get the following:

Initializing SD card…initialization failed. Things to check:

• is a card inserted?
  • is your wiring correct?
  • did you change the chipSelect pin to match your shield or module?

Thank you!

My SD Card is working fine with DUE. I have performed a simple write/read operation; the screen shot and the codes are attached; the connection diagram is also attached.

//SIMPLE WRITE AND READ

#include<SPI.h>   //sd cARD USES spi bUS
#include<SD.h>    //contains library functions

#define CSPIN 4   //slecting DPin-4 does not require to set direction
File myFile;      //file pointer variavle declaration

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  SD.begin(CSPIN);        //SD Card is initialized
  SD.remove("Test1.txt"); //remove any existing file with this name
  myFile = SD.open("Test1.txt", FILE_WRITE);  //file created and opened for writing

if(myFile)        //file has really been opened
  {
    myFile.println(4000);
    myFile.println(200);
    myFile.println(3000);
    myFile.close();

}
   myFile = SD.open("Test1.txt", FILE_READ);  //file created and opened for writing

if(myFile)        //file has really been opened
  {
    while(myFile.available())
    {
      Serial.print((char)myFile.read());
    }
    myFile.close();
  }
}

void loop()
{

}

Oh, do you need to connect to those SPI connections? How exactly do you do that? They aren't directly attached to any pins... Do you just have to solder a wire to them, or are there connectors you can buy?

My SD Card has pins with labels for the signals. The Due Board has pins for the SPI connector (check with schematic diagram). You have to collect female-to-female jumper wires and short them together as per my posted diagram. Never try to solder any wire neither on the DUE Board nor on the SD Card; doing so might bring destruction to them!

It works now! Thank you very much!