MIDI controlled SSM2044 low-pass filter

I'm a beginner with not too much experience with electronics. I was wondering how can I control cutoff and resonance parameters of a SMM2044 analog low-pass filter with MIDI from the arduino board. Thanks for your help!

Here's a site with some sample applications of this chip. It looks like the analog parameters like resonance are controlled with variable resistances, so you could use a digital potentiometer like the Microchip MCP41xxx/42xxx series (e.g., MCP42010). The SPI interface can connect directly to your SPI I/O pins.

Great,thank you! Also, do I need to amplify the signal somehow? I want to add a jack input and an output to the circuitry. Sorry about the lame questions...

Also, can I attach jack-plugs (audio in and out) directly to the filter? Or do I need some sort of amplification?

can I attach jack-plugs (audio in and out) directly to the filter?

Yes

Or do I need some sort of amplification?

Depends on the level of audio on the sockets. If the level is too low then the output will be excessively noisy. To reduce the noise then amplify the signal going in. It looks like the chip can handle +/- 10V signals but check with the data sheet.

Brilliant, thanks!