I've researched this topic to death and can't find the answer to what I'm looking for, so here's a little background. I am building a MIDI controller project with these specs:
- The unit has MIDI In and Thru/OUT ports.
- The unit should respond MIDI Clock (with blinking LED to tempo)
- MIDI Clock should pass to MIDI Thru to sync devices down the chain
- 1 button on board should send Program Change (PC) command
- 1 button to send a CC command
I am using the MIDI Library, and basing it off of this Sparkfun code
I have the MIDI Clock coming in and the LED is blinking in sync (which makes me happy). I do not have the buttons done, but I feel like I understand sending PC/CC messages.
I can't figure out how to allow MIDI Clock to pass through. I've seen things using the Serial.write, but as I said, I'm using the MIDI Library. Are there any examples of this? MIDI Library docs are very hard to read, and I'm even a programmer by trade.
As the clock is running, will pushing either of the buttons to send out a PC/CC message interrupt the clock. I've read up about using a queue or something. I'm looking for guidance in this matter as well.
Disclaimer: I'm a noob. Be gentle.