I'm having a problem with the MIDI Library.
it was working fine until I updated the IDE, or library, I can't remember since it's been a while between updates to my device. It was set up to receive program change messages, and when I uploaded the same code it doesn't work.
I used the code part from the "input" example from the library, I tried isolating the circuit to only do that, no help. It's not the hardware since it occasionally responds to MIDI in but doesn't interpret it as a Program Change.
I'd like to know if there's a known issue with the MIDI library or what, and how can I read MIDI PC messages otherwise.
Thanks in advance
Input.ino (1.44 KB)
Sounds like a baud rate issue. Computers don't support the hardware MIDI baud of 31250.
Try adding "Serial.begin(250000);" or "Serial.begin(115200);" after "MIDI.begin();"
Set the same baud rate in Hairless. (I'm guessing you are using Hairless?)
Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried it but it didn't work, same thing happened.
From my experience using Serial with MIDI made both behave funny so I usually don't use Serial with MIDI.
Sorry but this is the first time I've encountered the term "Hairless", I don't know what you mean by that?
My bad, I thought that you meant MIDI messages from your PC (personal computer) instead of MIDI PC (program change) messages.
Hairless is a piece of software that allows you to send/receive MIDI messages to/from the Arduino over the Serial port.
What hardware are you using? What device are you receiving input from?
Oh, no problem. I'm using a Midilink USB MIDI interface. I've tested it on other devices and it works just fine. The board I'm using is an Arduino Pro Mini.
How did you connect it to the Arduino?
According to the MIDI specification, this is the official MIDI hardware:
I'm using a Midilink USB MIDI interface
when referring to a specific piece of hardware please provide a link to it.
Please post the code that illustrates your problem.
I know you posted an ino file but many mobile devices will not handle these file types, so please post the code in the correct manner for this forum. See the how to use this forum sticky post.
Please say what version of the IDE you are using and what version of the midi library do you have.
I've been having the same trouble. Something is FUBAR with the IDE and/or the MIDI library.
Been driving me nuts!
So the OP didn't cooperate and so didn't get a solution, so are you going to be any better. Not a good start so far.
Something is FUBAR with the IDE and/or the MIDI library.
Rubbish, stop blaming the tools. I have been using the IDE and MIDI library all this week, their is nothing wrong with it.
So the 3 circuits I'd built and had working that all stopped working when I updated the IDE is not the IDE or library and no matter how many circuits I now build all do not work, including the pre-built models not made by me.
Sorry, my mistake it must be the hardware!
Also it's there not their.
So the 3 circuits I'd built and had working that all stopped working when I updated the IDE is not the IDE or library and no matter how many circuits I now build all do not work, including the pre-built models not made by me. Sorry, my mistake it must be the hardware!
Yep you got it.
Great technique you have there, resurrect a 3 month old thread with something unconnected with the original and then being abusive to some one who could help you.
Also it's there not their.
Maybe, I don't know, I am dyslexic. Which is preferable to being what you are.