MIDI/Motion sensor harness to make music while dancing.

Hey all, I am completely new to Arduino so please excuse my ignorance. I came across this dance video where a guy has developed a harness that has motion sensors on or each section of the limbs so that by dancing and moving you trigger the MIDI capabilities or plugged in sound effects behind the sensors. I would love to know if anyone could direct me in how to make this harness as to be able to put whatever sounds I want in there. Sorry if I am doing a bad job explaining. The video says it all, I just want one of these haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcoPUN4a4k

There was also a scene in the movie Tap with Gregory Hines where he put pickups of some sort in his tap shoes and did the same thing and that was 20+years ago. Would love to combine the two. ANY help offered would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much.

I am not sure he is using motion sensors. Possibly he is detecting electrical impulses to muscles or changing resistance as muscles move? Great idea. I don't think you need to worry about the midi part or the wireless communications, those problems can solved, the question is how to get signals a dancer can control by body movement.

They seemed to be using a three wire system, which ties in with this and my guess;

Electromyograph

An electromyograph (EMG) uses surface electrodes to detect muscle action potentials from underlying skeletal muscles that initiate muscle contraction. Clinicians record the surface electromyogram (SEMG) using one or more active electrodes that are placed over a target muscle and a reference electrode that is placed within six inches of either active. The SEMG is measured in microvolts (millionths of a volt).[6][7]

This article gives detail on EMG http://edge.rit.edu/edge/P08027/public/IRB/Papers/intro_EMG.pdf

I suppose a first step would be to try and find an electrodes at a reasonable price and then some way of amplifying the signal.

The video clip seems to be advertising so it is also worth considering how much was "real" and also what was spent.