Millennium Falcon Build project

Hi all,

I've already put a post up about LEDs which have led me down some interesting paths.

I'm drafting my plans and requirements together based on what I've seen, learned and want.

Been watching a lot of tutorials Arduino

I've used programming languages before such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and COBOL years ago. TBH I need books and references to write a programming language.

THE PLAN

I want to modify the model to add additional lighting which includes: LED & fibers some at a static rate and others blinking at different rates.

I can see how the Arduino UNO will let me do this, but I'm struggling with how to connect the Arduino to the DeAgostini circuit board which comes with the model. Essentially powering the LED and using the program written. (I think)

I've searched high and low on the internet but can't find the answer.

I believe I'm looking from one perspective and suspect there are other ways of doing this.

If anyone can help me I would be gratefully appreciative

churchy:
I can see how the Arduino UNO will let me do this, but I'm struggling with how to connect the Arduino to the DeAgostini circuit board which comes with the model. Essentially powering the LED and using the program written. (I think)

This makes sense to you but to nobody else.
What model, what board, what don't you understand?

As a fellow modeler I am aware of DeAgostini Millennium Falcon.

It is unlikely that you can connect to the DeAgostini circuit board(a microcontroller you cannot program) but will instead have to replace it with your arduino(a microcontroller you can program).