mindflex hacking issues

i recently ordered the mindflex (old one) from USA to Nigeria after hacking the mindflex i discovered that i cant keep the signal strength below 26 with meditation and attention level being 0, from further research i discovered this can be due to the fact that USA use main 60Hz while Nigeria uses 50Hz, i dont know how to change the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset's TGAM1 board from 60Hz to 50Hz, i am a novice at this please if anyone can give me directions on how to go about this i will appreciate this.

Please do not cross-post. Other posts removed.

kdfemi:
i recently ordered the mindflex (old one) from USA to Nigeria after hacking the mindflex i discovered that i cant keep the signal strength below 26 with meditation and attention level being 0, from further research i discovered this can be due to the fact that USA use main 60Hz while Nigeria uses 50Hz, i dont know how to change the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset's TGAM1 board from 60Hz to 50Hz, i am a novice at this please if anyone can give me directions on how to go about this i will appreciate this.

I guess there is no instruction manual with the device. You hint there are jumpers for this problem. What have you tried and what were the results?

Is there an Arduino in here somewhere?

Paul

Five minutes with Google led to this Forum discussion. It should help..

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
I guess there is no instruction manual with the device. You hint there are jumpers for this problem. What have you tried and what were the results?

Is there an Arduino in here somewhere?

Paul

yes, the arduino parse the data from the mindflex, from my research they said i need to do some modification on the mindflex board which no one is really talking about how to except for the mindflex dual

Paul_KD7HB:
Five minutes with Google led to this Forum discussion. It should help..

Paul

i came across the post sometimes ago. when he said
"I got the same results as you, until I changed the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset's TGAM1 board from 60Hz to 50Hz, then I started getting valid 'Attention' and 'Meditation' values. (Provided I had the headset sensor in 'exactly' the right position, almost touching my left eyebrow.)"
he didn't explicitly stated how he was able to change the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset.

kdfemi:
i came across the post sometimes ago. when he said
"I got the same results as you, until I changed the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset's TGAM1 board from 60Hz to 50Hz, then I started getting valid 'Attention' and 'Meditation' values. (Provided I had the headset sensor in 'exactly' the right position, almost touching my left eyebrow.)"
he didn't explicitly stated how he was able to change the mains frequency filter jumper on the headset.

Have you found the jumpers?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Have you found the jumpers?

Paul

sadly, no i haven't

kdfemi:
sadly, no i haven't

Then, more than likely, you will have to cut a circuit trace and solder across another to change the filter. Do you see any writing that might hint at that?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Then, more than likely, you will have to cut a circuit trace and solder across another to change the filter. Do you see any writing that might hint at that?

Paul

i am such a dummy, the solution has been in front of me for ages, i guess i was being lazy and didn’t want to read properly. i took my time to read the TGAM1 specification sheet, there my solution was.
thanks for being there.

kdfemi:
i am such a dummy, the solution has been in front of me for ages, i guess i was being lazy and didn't want to read properly. i took my time to read the TGAM1 specification sheet, there my solution was.
thanks for being there.

You are welcome.

Hope this is a lifetime lesson.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
You are welcome.

Hope this is a lifetime lesson.

Paul

yes, it is