mini Arduino Pro Troubleshooting

Hi everybody!

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I've just got a new mini arduino Pro AtMega 328 5v and also I'm working on Linux (ubuntu). I'm also using a mini arduino usb adapter.

I'm trying to upload a basic example of a blinking LED but is not working. I only get a weird LED blinking (extremely fast)

I the get following error message :
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I've checked the pin connection and if the pin are properly soldered. Everything is fine. I also don't think that the board is broken or damaged because it seems that it can reset.

I've seen that some people had a similar problem, but their solutions are not working for me...

What am I doing wrong? :-/

Thanks!

You need the right board setting - the Mini Pro comes in 168 and 328 versions, and in 3V3 8MHz and 5V 16MHz versions. All four combinations require different board setting and the older Arduino software requires you to use the Lilypad settings for the 5V Mini Pro, IIRC

Hi!

Thanks MarkT.

I did what you suggested but with no results, also downloaded a new version of the software and arduino pro AtMega 328 5v is included.

I'm starting to think that it might be the FDTI driver. I have read somewhere that on Linux(ubuntu) is not necessary to installed manually... but maybe it's not true...

Anyway thank you for answer