Mini Bluetooth gamepad to Arduino

I want to control a single servo through an Arduino via a mini bluetooth game pad ( something like this: http://goo.gl/kBhvtR ). I know the hard way that an HC-05 will not connect (at least not with my very fresh and limited Arduino experience) . Does anyone here know if there is another bluetooth module that will work for this? I want to use the mini gamepad rather than a phone or anything else because its pretty much perfect for the application I have in mind.

johncos1068:
I know the hard way that an HC-05 will not connect

I suspect you don't. I believe other gamepads will work with Arduino via HC-05, and I therefore think the first thing you need to do is find out why yours is so different that it won't

I suspect you don't. I believe other gamepads will work with Arduino via HC-05

Please show me one example of someone that has successfully done it without modifying their gampad as I have not been able to.

You may be right but, while I'm not into games, I'm sure you will find something with Google. I'm no fan of Instructables but I seem to remember somebody doing it with Playstation.

Hi johncos1068 did you ever found a way to connect the mini game pad to the arduino?

The small gamespads are Bluetooth HID devices and not compatible with BT v2 devices such as the HC-05s. I have the exact same module shown in the ebay post and although I have had success using through Android and VB I have not had it connected to an Arduino (I don't have a compatible BT device to connect to it).