mini project

Hello im trying to make a new mini project which in the prject im using watering system as the watering system im using this item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-1-8L-Universal-Car-Windshield-Washer-Reservoir-Pump-Bottle-Jet-Kit-Switch-/401212589624?epid=526481373&hash=item5d6a224638:g:5toAAOSwq~tZXKdN&vxp=mtr My question is , if im using this item , do i need a l293d? And which of the arduinos is better for me at this kind of project? My components are : 1) a DHT22 tempreture and humidity component 2) watering system (above) 3)and LCD 4X20 4)2 fans 5) and a switch(on and off) which will be controlled by the arduino my project is gonna require a 24\7 using the arduino , it will be a problme(if it is , can it be solved by the programing with 12 on 12 off kind of)

You can basically use any Arduino; count the number of pins required to decide (or use shift registers / port expanders). And you need something to go from 3.3V or 5V to 12V; for that you need to measure the current consumption when the pump is running before deciding what is suitable.

If you have the set already, what does the pump say (watts, amps)?

A pump that rotates in only one direction can be driven by a MOSFET. An Uno would be my choice. The Uno has the widest support in terms of tutorials and libraries. An LCD with I2C backpack is probably easier to interface and uses only 2 pins. The fans will need drivers, too. MOSFETs would work for that, as well. What does 5. mean?

I have a couple Arduino projects that have been running for years, 24/7.

Unos are great for development, but for a permanent installation (like this) you will want to solder everything on a protoboard (wires tend to wiggle themselves loose), then the micro or pro mini are more suitable depending on how small and how barebones you want to go.

sterretje: You can basically use any Arduino; count the number of pins required to decide (or use shift registers / port expanders). And you need something to go from 3.3V or 5V to 12V; for that you need to measure the current consumption when the pump is running before deciding what is suitable.

If you have the set already, what does the pump say (watts, amps)? thank you for answering me , and i dont know yet the current consumption , as soon as i wil have the info i will update!

groundFungus: A pump that rotates in only one direction can be driven by a MOSFET. An Uno would be my choice. The Uno has the widest support in terms of tutorials and libraries. An LCD with I2C backpack is probably easier to interface and uses only 2 pins. The fans will need drivers, too. MOSFETs would work for that, as well. What does 5. mean?

I have a couple Arduino projects that have been running for years, 24/7.

nuber 5 means for a switch which will light on a bulb( a regular 220v bulb) the only thing i need for number 5 is to know how to use the arduino as a switch that's the whole story And about the I2C LCD can u send me a link because im trying to see online some stuff about it and i cannot understand

wvmarle: Unos are great for development, but for a permanent installation (like this) you will want to solder everything on a protoboard (wires tend to wiggle themselves loose), then the micro or pro mini are more suitable depending on how small and how barebones you want to go.

TY :)

As i was passing by online i found this link : https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/attari/temperature-monitoring-with-dht22-arduino-15b013?f=1 Which is a project about the module DHT 22 , which im going to use in my project What i would like to ask is , if i am able to use the information that the DHT22 is sending to the arduino and to use the information in a condition Ex: if the tempreture is above 28 Celsius than light on the fans

Re the I2C LCD. This forum post might help. If not, what is it that you are having a hard time with?

use the information in a condition

Yes. When you read the temperature and/or humidity, the values are stored in variables. Those variables then can be printed to the serial monitor, saved to an SD card, printed on an LCD, or used in comparisons (if(tempf < 50) heater = true) or calculations (heat index, dew point, …).

evya61992: nuber 5 means for a switch which will light on a bulb( a regular 220v bulb) the only thing i need for number 5 is to know how to use the arduino as a switch that's the whole story

Use a relay.

evya61992: What i would like to ask is , if i am able to use the information that the DHT22 is sending to the arduino and to use the information in a condition Ex: if the tempreture is above 28 Celsius than light on the fans

Of course you can do that. But if you're not interested in the humidity part of the DHT22, do consider getting a proper temperature probe. A basic thermistor is more accurate and much cheaper than the DHT22.