I been trying to use the miniCore and found a issue that seems to be related to miniCore and can't get it to work properly.
Background: I have a sketch done for Arduino Uno running at the default clock freq 16Mhz and I wanted to run it at just 1Mhz to reduce power consumption. Steps:
- installed miniCore and set up for atmega328p at 1Mhz internal clock
- took an Arduino uno, connected to ICE programmer and used Atmel Studio to set the low fuse at 0x62 to run at 1Mhz internal clock - I am using Atmel Studio + ICE programmer because I couldn't program the uC in Arduino
- comiled my sketch and programmed it but the uC seems to freeze up because I use "Serial.print" but nothing comes out
If I amend the sketch sometimes it works however the change should NOT affect it. For example it happened that the uC was working if I added some extra Serial.print lines but when I deleted them the uC would not print anything to the serial port (not even the lines that were not deleted). To show the problem better I kept deleting various part of the code while the issue was still present. Now I ended up in a situation where if I make the sketch any more simpler the uC works - it doesn't mater what I change, pretty much any change will make it work... to me this seems like a compilation issue but I don't really understand how that is possible and what is happening.
PS. why I say it is related to miniCore: if I select "Arduino Uno" board (not miniCore) and I connect a brand new Arduino running at 16Mhz it never freezes up, it always works as expected.
Kind regards, Marius