minim osd problems.

hi folks iam new to the group today. my osd does not work my problem started with waiting for mavlink error. through forums I have now purchased 2 fti adaptors to communicate with the osd. I have been advised to use arduino to program the osd. first how do I identify what minim osd I have. iam hooked up and I hit the upload button and I get the error exit status 1 , error compiling for board. I have tried selecting many different boards under the tool menu and I get the same message. I have no clue what iam doing obviously and I need help please. I even bought another minim osd this week and have the same issue. through my messing with them I do not even get the overlay now that states searching for mavlink heartbeats. please help. how do I identify my board . iam communicating , my comport is right iam doing something wrong.
my name is jim I have been flying elec planes for 10 or so years ago and I have now bought my 1st quadcopter. iam now flying fpv and trying to get my osd on my goggles so I can get the live data and fly this copter in manual instead of auto. my flight controller is a devo m and I sent it out to be modified for the osd and I believe it is correct.
thanks
jim

ps. I wished these osd,s would work out of the box. I did not expect I would have to become a programmer to get this to work. please help

(deleted)

Post the errors you get and the code you are getting errors on.

Add the code in [code]...[/code] tags so it does not get formatted badly.

You will need to find the microcontroller type your board is based on so you can select the correct one from the menu.

Can you post a link the the board you are using?

What do you mean by "minim osd"?

If it is a piece of hardware you want to connect to an Arduino please post a link to its datasheet.

...R

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-minim-osd-quick-installation-guide.html

MinimOSD “On-Screen Display” is a small circuit board that pulls telemetry data from your APM or Pixhawk flight controller and over-lays it on your First Person View monitor.

Follow the link on how you can install and get the firmware install.

BSBLHATER:
hi folks iam new to the group today.
my osd does not work my problem started with waiting for mavlink error.
through forums I have now purchased 2 fti adaptors to communicate with the osd.
I have been advised to use arduino to program the osd.
first how do I identify what minim osd I have.

iam hooked up and I hit the upload button and I get the error exit status 1 , error compiling for board.

I have tried selecting many different boards under the tool menu and I get the same message.
I have no clue what iam doing obviously and I need help please.
I even bought another minim osd this week and have the same issue.
through my messing with them I do not even get the overlay now that states searching for mavlink heartbeats.
please help.
how do I identify my board .
iam communicating , my comport is right iam doing something wrong.
my name is jim
I have been flying elec planes for 10 or so years ago and I have now bought my 1st quadcopter.
iam now flying fpv and trying to get my osd on my goggles so I can get the live data and fly this copter in manual instead of auto.
my flight controller is a devo m and I sent it out to be modified for the osd and I believe it is correct.
thanks
jim

ps. I wished these osd,s would work out of the box. I did not expect I would have to become a programmer to get this to work. please help

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry but your posting needed to be put in point mode.
Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags?
They are made with the </> icon in the reply Menu.
See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

thanks guys I will try and include all the information I can.

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

how do I get to my clipboard in arduino. it told me it saved my errors in my clipboard for the forum how do I get them here.

thanks.

Sketch uses 444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x90
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.