minimum current flow on sleep mode..

hello guys once again...first of all thanks once again..for helping me out for part 1 of my doubt...now moving on to part 2...its about jeelib and sleepy mode..just to keep it short..i have two wires..which i connected from pin number 8 to analog pin3...and another wire i have connected from pin4 to analog pin 4..in another words..i have shorted...8 and A3..and 4 and A4..thats for two loops respecitively..8 to A3 is for level 1 and 4 to A4..is for level 2...i have already done the code..and i have already used to jeelib library..with sleep modes..and i think i have done it right..ill send you guys the code very soon....so basically logic is that when both are wires..are shorted it transmits leve1 and level 2 ok. when i cut any of the loops then it will trasmit..level 1 cut or level 2 cut..so on...

now my question is that during sleep mode..current across wires i.e 8 to A3 and 4 to A4..should be zero...and when it wakes up for transmittion there should be sudden increase of current for about half second..and then it should go back to zero...well i have measured the current across both the wires..and there is a constant current flow of 1.1mA..across the wires...however when it wakes up for transmittion current increases rapidly to say around 30mA..and then falls back to 1.1mA....this shows that ok that atleats sleep mode is kind of working...but shouldnt the current be zero during sleep mode.....and the batteries iam using are 9V..6F22..EW..batteries...despite me putting the chip sleep for long period of time say wake up once in three hours..then go back to sleep..still my battery is finishing up in 3days time.any ideas would be helpful thanks....

How do you regulate 9 volts to 5 or 3.3 ?

Protte

Part 2 of what? Is this really part of an existing thread?

Pelleplutt:
How do you regulate 9 volts to 5 or 3.3 ?

Protte

by voltage regulator…Iam using LM7805…voltage regulator…

What's the point on sending Arduino to bed if 7805 is going to spend a lot of energy just transforming 9v to vcc. Get a more efficient way to step down voltage, like a dc-dc converter.

I agree. Even in the duplicate thread!

As always post your circuit and code if you want a definitive answer... For micropower applications its essential that all the ICs are micropower. 7805 regulators are definitely not micropower, they are designed to be efficient with 1A loads, not 5uA loads.