Mintduino TEST, how many flashes on the green led?

Hi, Just put together the second (of three) part of my minty.

Part 1, making sure the regulated supply part works, RED LED comes on and the smoke stays in the device.

Part 2, add the crystal, caps, resistors and the GREEN LED. power up, the GREEN LED flashes (sort of) as described in the comprehensive instructions.(Part 3 would be the last assembly process and FTDI)

Question, "The GREEN LED will blink because a blink program was uploaded" Right ok. What constitutes a blink?

My kit lights up the RED LED solid, the GREEN LED flashes slowly a couple of times, then flashes faster and faster for a second or so. Then it goes off. This will re-occur in the same way again if I power off then on again.

Is this behaviour correct? It's just that the blink on my preloaded duemilenove is exactly (ish) one second on, one second ioff.

Have I done something wrong, missed something? Thanks in advance, Rob.

Does no one have an answer !!!

looks like a program is running in here... may well be right

ummmm… post the code so people can see what instructions is has ?

(deleted)

Sorry people.

Missed some info. I purchased this as a kit from Makershed. The instructions specific to the flashing are on this link http://makezine.com/projects/build-a-mintronics-mintduino/

View the full list of steps, and see step #12 it says the RED LED will come on immediately, the GREEN LED will flash, because a program has been uploaded. It does NOT say what type of program.

I may be nit picking, but on an Arduino the default flash program is one second (ish) on, one second off.

I've not tried a kit like this before so I cannot tell if I have done something wrong, but to me "The GREEN LED will flash" means it will flash continuously, not "It will flash slowly, then faster and faster until it goes off, and it will not flash again until you disconnect then reconnect the power"

See my quandary? Thanks. R.

.as said earlier: Its OK. Next is connect the ftdi (usb-interface) and upload you own program. many choices exists. for one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PL2303HX-USB-To-RS232-TTL-Auto-Converter-Adapter-controller-Module-for-arduino-/400565253775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d438cb68f Then find which bootlader is installed, to select correct from arduino-IDEs list..

Whilst I appreciate all the replies, none of them have made me feel any more secure.

The reason I asked if anyone knew if this was correct information was because, if I have wired it up wrong, then I do not want to compound any damage by going further in the assembly process.

The LED flashes means, the LED flashes continuously whilst under power, not the led flashes faster and faster and faster, then it goes off until you disconnect power and reconnect power, in which case it will do the same thing again.

So, either the unit is stuffed, the instructions are crap, or the instructions are great, and I am a pedant (v. possible :-)

For all I know flashing like mad, means the unit is going to explode in flames. Picky I know, but I thought the point of following instructions was that they did what was expected, if you followed them. (There's a defence from Nuremburg!) Sigh...

I might just mail Makershed and ask them.

Thanks all for reading the waffle. R.

Whilst I appreciate all the replies, none of them have made me feel any more secure.

OK how about this. You are seeing EXACTLY what you should.

It's just that the blink on my preloaded duemilenove is exactly (ish) one second on, one second ioff.

Yes and when they changed it over to the Uno they changed it to exactly what you are seeing.

or the instructions are great, and I am a pedant (v. possible :-)

That's where my money is.