MKR shield compatibility

So I’ve got a couple Arduino UNOs that I’ve had for a couple years and have used now and then. I am gonna be building a simple RFID scanner for a college project and was hoping to take it a step further by reading authorized UIDs from a mySQL database. So my question is, are the MKR shields (the MKR1010 wifi specifically) compatible with UNOs? Or will I have to pick up a new board?

Zlanthior:
So I've got a couple Arduino UNOs that I've had for a couple years and have used now and then. I am gonna be building a simple RFID scanner for a college project and was hoping to take it a step further by reading authorized UIDs from a mySQL database. So my question is, are the MKR shields (the MKR1010 wifi specifically) compatible with UNOs? Or will I have to pick up a new board?

They are not compatible with Uno. I don't say it is not possible to use them, but it is 3.3 V v. 5 V.
But all MKR shields exists in Uno version.

Ok thanks for the help. I know there is a wifi shield built for the uno but as far as I can find, it's been retired. So i guess my options are to either try to find one second hand (or a third party one), buy a mkr board, or nix the database idea.

MKR1010 is not a shield. it is a board

Juraj:
MKR1010 is not a shield. it is a board

Ohhh ok that makes sense. its been a long time since ive used arduinos There are a lot more boards than there used to be im still trying to figure out which does what.