MKR Vidor 4000 on Chromebook with Arduino Web Editor

Dear all,

I’d like to code and upload sketches on my brand new MKR Vidor 4000 Board using an ASUS C433 Chromebook but I’m having troubles:

• I have purchased (<1€ per month) the Chrome App but apparently, still, the MKR Vidor 4000 looks to be only partially supported (no possible upload of sketches). Have I missed something? It is said all boards are supported by the Web Editor
  • The Getting Started web page suggests to install the Plug-in but I am not sure if that is necessary once the Chrome App is installed and also I wonder how I can install in my Chromebook the tar.gz package?
  • My ASUS C433 has got USB Type C port (I have got an adapter with USB 2.0 ports) and one USB 3.1 Gen 1 fully compatible with USB 2.0. I cannot get my board be detected but I assume it should not be a hardware USB port issue though?

Thanks for your help!

Jam

Hi jrouahi, here are some things to try:

• make sure you removed the FPGA from the foam it was in -- that foam is conductive and will prevent the board from booting
  • try connecting the board and putting it into flash mode (click the reset button twice quickly, red light will begin strobing)

I haven't used the chrome app before but those are some general problems I've run into.