MKR WIFI 1010 6.6V Supply?

Hi everyone,
I've found a 6.6V LiFeP04 battery works well powering long LED power strips. I was trying to find out if I could use the same battery (has 2 leads) to power the WIFI1010. The link below says 5V, but it also mentions it will fluctuate up to 6V.

MKR Power Supply

Thanks for the help,
Anthony

Hi

Vin: This pin can be used to power the board with a regulated 5V source. If the power is fed through this pin, the USB power source is disconnected. This is the only way you can supply 5v (range is 5V to maximum 6V) to the board not using USB. This pin is an INPUT.

(cf MKR WiFi 1010 Faqs)

6.6V is more than 6V !!
and a fully charged 2S LiFePo4 is about 7V

1 Like

Oh noes, what we gonna do!!!! Could you please post a official link to where it says you cannot power it with more that 6V rather than some anonymous quote?

This is from doc page

1 Like

@killzone_kid

.... 6V comes from MKR WiFI 1010 Store/Faqs....as I wrote in #2.... somewhere a typo from Arduino guys...

:mag_right:looking at board's schematic and regulator's data sheet could tell us where is the typo :wink:

1 Like

The typo is in FAQ it is obvious, the regulator is capable of taking 17v, not even sure where the figure 6v comes from @pert?

1 Like

so Good news for @leggomydago !!

2S LiFePO4 is OK for Vin if regulator , as used on the board, is capable of taking 17V

1 Like

made a thread here Yet another typo in documentation

1 Like

So two typos with 6V value for Vin max :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I'm new to the forum thing so I apologize for not better displaying my findings from the Help Center in the original post.... next time I'll do a screenshot instead of a link.

Thank you for the quick help, really appreciate it. @killzone_kid @al1fch