MKR WIFI 1010 wont connect to wifi

Hi, I bought a brand new MKR WiFi 1010, am trying to connect to my Wifi using the provided example under WifFiNINA (connectWithWPA) but it never connects, it return status 6 ( DISCONNECTED I believe) from the beginning.
I tried other examples provided as well, scanning wifi networks seems to work, but hosting an AP web server does not work either.
Is this is a hardware issue or am I missing something?

WiFININA v 1.8.7
NINA firmware 1.4.3

What have you tried to connect to using WIfi? Some things are easier to connect to than others, for example someone recently has found it impossible to connect to an iPhone 11 hotspot, though connecting to a router proved easy.
What have you tried connecting to it when using it as an AP?

Just tried the sample, connect the board to my local WiFi router.

Nothing since the AP is not ever created. I got status 9 as a result which AFAIk is non of the possible statuses listed in Arduino - WiFiNINAStatus

I’m not sure about your example, but does it use:

while (WiFi.waitForConnectResult() != WL_CONNECTED)

instead of

while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED)

if not try the former.

It could also be related to what your router is transmitting on. Is it using 802.11g, n, n+g, b, b+g+n

and is 2.4GHz or 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

The WiFi on these devices is 2.4g only so as @countrypaul states it is critical you only use that band.

There are now also some Chinese MKR boards and I cannot speak about how good or bad they may be.