MKR WIFI1010 missing from boards menu

Hello

I just recieved my MKR WiFi1010 and hooked it up to my laptop. The board shows up in my port list. I downloaded the package for SAMD board via the manager (the description say it also for my board) but it does not show up in the list. I tried instaling a fresh IDE 1.8.7 but still nothing. Can someone help…

Here is a screenshot…

Thank you!

Which version of Arduino SAMD boards do you have installed? You can see it in Tools > Board > Boards Manager.

I fixed it after removing the package a couple of times. I thing there was one installed with the same name but different support.
Why is it that if I uninstall the ide and re install it the installedd boards remain.. Doesn't the uninstall remove everything?

Tady:
I fixed it after removing the package a couple of times. I thing there was one installed with the same name but different support.

Almost certainly the problem was that you had an outdated version of Arduino SAMD Boards installed. Only the latest version has the MKR 1010 board. But I guess we'll never know for sure now.

Tady:
Doesn't the uninstall remove everything?

No. It only removes the Arduino IDE installation. The hardware packages you install via Boards Manager are installed to a different location on your computer that is not touched by the uninstall.

After playing around with the wifi I suddenly got a unknown device descriptor… I tried several different usb cables, different usb ports, restarted the computer. It stopped working. Is my board a goner???

I cannot believe it that the board started having problem after 2 hours of playing around. On top of that I didn’t even connect any leds or modules :frowning:

Idon't know what happened but I pressed RESET twice in a row and it re-booted. It works now :slight_smile:

Tady:
Idon't know what happened but I pressed RESET twice in a row and it re-booted. It works now :slight_smile:

that is how it works. the USB is handled by he CPU. with wrong sketch it becomes unresponsive. the 'reset double click' activates the build-in bootloader