MKR1000 and Macbook Pro 2017

I have been having issues connecting my MKR1000 to my computer via a dedicated IP address. Most days it's fine, but sometimes it randomly does not want to connect. I go through all the standard troubleshooting things and I can't seem to find a reason. I'm starting to think my peers think I'm crazy because I'm the only one who seems to be having this problem. The only difference I can think of is that they all have older computers, and mine is just a couple months old. I have seen that wifi issues are common for these new Macbooks, but I haven't seen anywhere if there is a specific issue with networking devices as well.

The only difference I can think of is that they all have older computers, and mine is just a couple months old.

I don't think that it's a problem of your computer because the MKR1000 usually connects to the WiFi router and not to the computer directly. In most cases it's because the WiFi spectrum is very crowded and the built-in antenna of the MKR1000 isn't powerful enough to get a reliable WiFi connection.