MKR1000 configure Arduino IOT Cloud not working

We weren't able to configure the Crypto Chip. Timeout reached before we could configure your board.

We were not able to configure the Secure Element
The Secure Element has already been configured in the wrong way, unfortunately you cannot proceed with this setup. You can try with another board or purchase a new one on the Arduino Store.

I have tested the board and it works fine except for the Crypto Chip.

Is there a reliable way to reinstall firmware for the crypto chip?

same problem encountered with MKR1000 while trying to perform Crypto chip operation. I’m on Windows 7 and I updated the firmeware as per the instruction but still getteing “We were unable to upload the Crypto Chip configuration code to your board”. I’ll keep you informed if something new happens

Same here.
I is a brand new board … at least I think …just took it out of the box and it is saying:

We were not able to configure the Secure Element
The Secure Element has already been configured in the wrong way, unfortunately you cannot proceed with this setup. You can try with another board or purchase a new one on the Arduino Store.

What to do, how to proceed? Stuck…

HELLO. Got it working myself... :slight_smile:

Here for anyone running in similar problems (I actually thought fromn the error message that I got a used board sold and was about to return to shop).

--> I got the error on MacOS. It worked when I tryied WIN 10.*)

*) There I had a hurdle as the installed failed on one of the last steps ("launch") and it said something about "error during post-installation". I overcome by running the executable from commandline/explorer.
It worked :slight_smile:

I had the same issue come up on a new MKR 1010. In my case the firewall started blocking the connection part way through the process.

After clearing the firewall block I was able to configure the Secure Element.