MKR1000 suddenly stops working between 2 codes". Chip broken?

Hello All

I was working on my Arduino MKR1000, coding, loading, seeing the change, when suddenly, without any change on hardware it not stops working, can't find the port and don't load anything

it litteraly comes from nowhere, I was coding a thing on LED, it worked fine and without unplugging or changing anything more than a variable in a line and loadind the code, it's stops being recognized by the computer.

When I plug it in any of my USB ports, it does the Plug sound and shows that windows is unable to recognize the device. On the Board, the ON LED stays On. i tryed to uninstal and reinstal the drivers, it didn't change anything. The board don't seems to have any excessive heat

Please don't tell me that the chip just broke at this litteral time for no reason and that the only thing I can do is to change the board. i don't have another board and we are in the current situation now where getting anything not crucial is complicated...

Edit : I just saw the post about the Loopback, i'll try that hopefully it will help.. Edit 2 : ok so doing the loopback test, it looks like plugging the Arduino really don't open any port

The loopback test only works for boards that use a dedicated USB to serial adapter chip. Your MKR1000 has native USB capabilities, and thus does not use a dedicated USB to serial adapter chip. This means the loopback test will always fail on the native USB boards like your MKR1000.

If you press and release the reset button on the MKR1000 twice quickly, does the "L" LED start pulsing? After doing that, do you see a port for the MKR1000 in the Arduino IDE's Tools > Port menu?

YES!! it Worked and it's all good now

Thank you verymuch for your answer!!!!

Have a good Day! :-)

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now.

The tricky thing about the boards with native USB functionality like your board is that the USB code that creates the CDC serial port is running on the same microcontroller as your sketch. This means your sketch code can break the USB code, or stop it from running. You can verify this by uploading the File > New sketch. If the problem goes away, then comes back when you upload your previous sketch, you know the issue is caused by something in your sketch code.

It can sometimes be tricky to find the code that is breaking the USB functionality but now that you know how to recover from this condition, at least your progress on troubleshooting this sort of issue won't be blocked.