MKR1010 not recognized by macos mojave 2019 macbook air

The UNO board works fine on my macbook air mojave 10.14.6 operating system.
The MKR1010 is not recognized and I'm sure it has to do with the port not being recognized. It should be "usbmodem" instead of "bluetooth".

This is on both the desktop client and the chrome client.

I've tried installing the FTDI drivers and re-starting the laptop to no avail (How to Install FTDI Drivers - learn.sparkfun.com)

Any thoughts?

michaelvo:
The MKR1010 is not recognized and I’m sure it has to do with the port not being recognized.

Make sure the USB cable is completely plugged into both the Arduino board and the PC.

You may have a damaged/defective or charge-only USB cable. Try a different cable.

Either of the above can result in the power connections being made (and thus LED lights on the board), but no data connections (and thus no port for the board).

michaelvo:
I’ve tried installing the FTDI drivers and re-starting the laptop to no avail (How to Install FTDI Drivers - learn.sparkfun.com)

The MKR WiFi 1010 doesn’t use an FTDI USB chip, so installing that driver had no chance of helping with your situation.

Thanks. I doubt it's a damaged cable because the same cable can upload fine with the Arduino Uno board. My converter is the official Apple usb to usb-c cable. But thanks I didn't know there were differences between cable types. I'll try different combinations of converters and usb to micro usb cables I have.

I watched this video (Arduino MKR IOT Kit Tutorial #1: Setting up. - YouTube) and when he opens his network systems tab the arduino is recognized. Mine doesn't seem to be.

You may have a damaged/defective or charge-only USB cable. Try a different cable.

Resolved. I overlooked that I was using different types of cables for the Uno vs the MKR1010. I had a charge-only micro usb cable for the MKR1010.

Looks like I have 3 good micro USB cables and a ton of charge only ones.

Would be nice feature to have the create agent detect if the cable can't support uploading.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.