MKR1010 recognized by Windows System as MKR1000

Hi mates,

My MKR1010 is detected by Windows as a MKR1000. Arduino IDE shows only MKR1000 connected at COM port.

I tried to re connect the board and update the driver but the system only recognizes the board as a MKR1000!!! Funny, but the I have been working with this board since two months without any issue, and suddently the system does not recognize it anymore as a MKR1010.

Any clue how to make Windows/Arduino IDE recognize my MKR1010?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Mates,

Problem solved! Upload many times some program, e.g. examples, into the board and suddenly the board is recognized again by the system as a MKR1010!!!

I'm glad to hear you solved the problem!

Probably what happened is you accidentally had MKR1000 selected from the Tools > Board menu once when you did an upload. That changes the VID/PID of the board, which made it be recognized as MKR1000. As you discovered, it will be changed back simply by uploading again with the correct board selected.

pert:
I'm glad to hear you solved the problem!

Probably what happened is you accidentally had MKR1000 selected from the Tools > Board menu once when you did an upload. That changes the VID/PID of the board, which made it be recognized as MKR1000. As you discovered, it will be changed back simply by uploading again with the correct board selected.

@pert: thanks for your kind reply! I was testing different IDE to program my boards and maybe, as you mentioned, I selected MKR1000 by mistake and the VID/PID was changed. To my surprise, the battery charging circuit did not work anymore with the wrong board identification.

Fortunately, my MKR1010 is working again!

Thanks and happy new year!