MKRMotorCarrier Library problem to install it (MATLAB R2019a)

I cannot install the MKRMotorCarrier library.

According the instructions of MATLAB Support Package for Arduino, when I am in the hardware setup I should see the library “Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier” available to install (a checkbutton) I am attaching you the screenshot with the window of my instruction, I am highliting in yellow the library which does not appear in my MATLAB.

So I was searching on internet, and I followed the indication of this link:

Unfortunately It didn’t work. I have the MATLAB R2019a. Could you help me to install it, please?

screenshot Matlab problem.png

henrygustavo: Unfortunately It didn't work.

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "it didn't work".

henrygustavo: I have the MATLAB R2019a.

From the link you posted, I think it's normal and expected that you won't see the MKRMotorCarrier Library listed on that screen, since it's only integrated with MATLAB R2020a and above.

Hi, yes I’ve already read the MKRMotorCarrier library is not incorporated in R2019a, that’s why I searched on internet and posted the solution.

https://es.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/70554-arduino-engineering-kit-rev-1-hardware-support-19a.

When I said it didn’t work, I meant after following the instruction of the link I was not able to make the library MKRMotorCarrier Availabe.

I am attaching two sreenshoot about what I am seeing about Arduino Library in Matlab after I followed the instruction, basically nothing… the MKRMotorCarrier is not visible

Coming back to the instruction from the URL (
https://es.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/70554-arduino-engineering-kit-rev-1-hardware-support-19a.), they basically recommend me the following (which I did…)

"1) You can either download the toolbox or the zip file.
a) If you choose to download the toolbox, complete its installation in MATLAB.
b) If you choose to download the zip file, add the unzipped folder to the MATLAB path.
If you are on MATLAB R2019a or R2019b, follow steps 2 and 3.
2) Download the zip file from https://github.com/arduino-libraries/MKRMotorCarrier/archive/1.0.1.zip
3) Unpackage the zip into local directory and rename the folder to ‘MKRMotorCarrier’

I only have a question about this instruction, where should I place the unpackaged folder. What’s the folder for these libraries by default?

For example when you execute the command:

"listArduinoLibraries"

It returns:

"ans =

• 7×1 cell array*
  • {‘Adafruit/MotorShieldV2’}*
  • {‘I2C’ }*
  • {‘RotaryEncoder’ }*
  • {‘SPI’ }*
  • {‘Servo’ }*
  • {‘ShiftRegister’ }*
  • {‘Ultrasonic’ }*
    "

Where are these library? where is located this folder which contains these library in my computer?, maybe that’s the key of my problem.

Sorry I am a completely beginner in MatLab

Has there been an update to this problem? I've been having the same issue

Thanks

Hello,

Please recheck if the ArduinoMotorCarrier folder is present in the IDE path i.e. C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2020a\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\portable\sketchbook\libraries.

I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a work around?