MKRNB1500 does not show up under COM-ports in device manager

Hi guys!

I just started looking into the Arduino MKRNB1500 board again and when I wanted to connect it to my computer it did not recognize it. I have tested that my ports work with other arduinos, the cable is tested and the core for the SAMD boards is downloaded.

When I connect it the "chrg"-light flashes as I think it should. I can put it into bootloader and everything but nothing helps. It does not work with my other computer either and does not show up under "Hidden devices". I dont know what to do... It is so frustrating to see the board do its flashy-thing and yet not finding it on my computer.

Would really appreciate any suggestions!

Make sure the USB cable is completely plugged into both the Arduino board and the PC.

johannab:
I can put it into bootloader

Do you mean that after you press the reset button twice quickly, the "L" LED starts pulsing. After doing that, do you still not see a port appear under the Arduino IDE's Tools > Port menu?

Note that the Port menu only refreshes after you have closed and re-opened the Tools menu.

Hi! Yeah exactly. It does not show up in the IDE even though I close and re-open the tools menu. But what concerns me most is that it does not show up in device handler either. Does anyone know what shows up if the correct drivers are not installed?

I am very confused but I am guessing that something is wrong with either the board or all of my cables..!

Jokes on me - all of my cables were broken. What are the odds.

Thank you for the help!

I'm glad to hear you found the problem. Thanks for taking the time to post an update. Enjoy!
Per